This website is owned and run by L’Oréal South Africa Limited. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We believe that the best way to protect the privacy of users of our website (the "Website") is to tell you what information we gather and ensure that you understand and consent to our uses of such information.
What information do we collect?
When you visit the Website, we may collect and process the following about you:
- Data that you provide (such as contact information, personal details and your email address) by filling in forms on our Website, which includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition, prize draw or promotion sponsored by L’Oréal and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access.
How do we use it?
From time to time we may use the information you give us:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service or to communicate important notices
- To personalize your experience on the PUREOLOGY website
- To send your salon electronic communications containing information on new launches, product animations, technical information, promotions
- To enable you to share links or pages on social media networks including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
We are continually developing products and services based on information and feedback we receive from visitors to the Website and users of our products and services and we may share these with you, as well as notifying you about other products or services that you either request from us or we feel may interest you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. To inform us of whether or not you want to receive marketing communications, simply indicate your consent preferences when you give us your personal information or at any future time email us at [email protected]
You have the right to access information held about you by emailing us at [email protected] We will send you the information held by us within the appropriate legal time limit and will try to send it within 14 days. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information or delete any of that information from our records.
Do we share the information we receive?
In general, we do not (other than set out below) disclose information about your individual visits to the Website or personal information which identifies you to other third parties unless we have your prior consent.
On rare occasions, we may disclose your personal information to another member of the L’Oréal group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances (please note we will not sell your data):
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If a L’Oréal group company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where you have consented to us doing so, your information may be shared with our agents, consultants, service providers, contractors; including those that work on behalf of L’Oréal and our business partners for the purpose of sending you marketing communications.
Where will the data be stored? How secure is it?
Unfortunately, no data transmission via the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing goods or services to L’Oréal have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to provide the goods or services which they are performing for L’Oréal.
IP addresses and Cookies
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about our users’ preferences and to allow us to customise our Website according to our users’ individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise users’ when they return to our Website.
By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, if you choose to reject all cookies, you may be unable to use parts of the Website.
By using the Website and submitting information, you consent to:
(i) the collection and use of your personal information by us as described above; and
(ii) the transfer of your personal information to countries outside South Africa.
(iii) the disclosure of your information to entities that are related to the L’Oréal Group
(iv) that your information is retained by the Pureology website for an indefinite period, subject to your rights to have the information removed
(v) receiving promotional material/information in any form, which you can opt out of at any time.
In the event that the user of the Pureology website is under the age of 18 years, consent to must be provided by a parent or guardian before personal information may be provided to the Website. If we become aware that information relating to a minor has been collected without parental or guardian consent, such information will be removed from our database. Age verification checks may be performed when required. If you are accessing the Pureology website from outside the Republic of South Africa, please check your local laws prior to using the Pureology website, as the L’Oréal Group will not be liable for any contraventions of foreign laws relating to your use of the Pureology Website.
WaterSaver Salon Tool
‘Best Foot Forward has designed and constructed this Watersaver Salon Tool for Pureology to use in multiple jurisdictions. Each jurisdiction has a unique version of the Watersaver Salon Tool and all versions of the Watersaver Salon Tool are maintained and hosted on Best Foot Forward secure servers. The Watersaver Salon Tool collects information from registered users. For the purposes of ongoing maintenance and support for the Watersaver Salon Tool, Best Foot Forward has access to the information contained in the Watersaver Salon Tool. Best Foot Forward shares this information with Pureology who use this information as per the Terms and Conditions agreed to by the registered user with L’Oreal. For the avoidance of doubt, Best Foot Forward does not share this information with any additional third parties and does not use this information to contact any registered user on its own behalf.’
© L’Oréal - All rights reserved.